Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 36 Ancient Reservoir II (GC1HBYD)

Today is Sunday. It is also officially Halloween. I still got a pumpkin to carve. I found a pattern for a wolf. I look forward to starting that project. I've been working on the garage roof all day. Niki has been painting the porch. Everything is coming together. Ham is for dinner. I have about 20 minutes before it is ready so KC and I head out for our cache hunt.
Today I will be doing Ancient Reservoir II by Pegasis. I bring KC. He has been cooped up all day and he really needs to burn some energy. This cache is near the Old Boardinghouse cache. In fact I park in the same space as I did for the other cache. KC is up to the hunt.
We get down along the trail. I unhitch KC. He runs ahead. We hear atv's buzzing about. The trail goes up at a good grade. The GPS leads us right too the old reservoir. It looks like a cellar hole. The Cache description says this reservoir used to be used by a chemical factory. No more chemical factory. Things change I guess. I poke around a bit. Then read the cache description and the tip. The tip says "think rocks." Well there certaintly are a lot of rocks here. I poke around with a stich. KC gets tense, barks and scoots away from me. I see the white tail of a good sized deer. KC chases off after the deer. I call him back. He will have none of it. He is gone. I see the deer a couple more times. KC seems like he is coming back then goes into the wood deeper. I am worried. A dog chasing a deer is a good reason to shoot the dog. Finally KC comes back to me. I hitch him to a tree then hunt some more for the cache. This time I find it quickly. I sign the Log book, and KC and I head home to and uncarved pumpkin, and a ham dinne..

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Chasing a deer is exciting, Venison sounds much better than ham, I wonder what he would have done had he caught up to it, I imagine the deer was atleast twice his size. Silly Dog.

    ReplyDelete