Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 30 Built Tough Cache (GCQE4N)

Oh man. I do not know if I want to do this anymore... Well maybe not the AGT caches anyhow. The reason why. They have been kicking my ass. That is right. The last few AGT caches have thrown me nasty little curve balls. Today I went after 2 of them. Well Niki KC, and I. The first cache was Ridgeway. It was a cache and dash. Yeah right. Turns out the cache was under maintenance. No cache there . So, great, Niki and I decided to look for the next closest cache. Just .3 of a mile away. Good still in Ridgeway right. We started walking. Then looking for it. It is dark by now. Niki and I walked circles. Nothing. Bummer. We finally said the heck with it and drove home.
Once home I looked up some other caches. Non AGT. Caches that are closer to home. I decide I want to try to find the Built Tough Cache by Dgroomer. I like Dgroomer's caches. They are usually fun, they lead someplace. So Dave and I hop into the van. We head up route 6. As we approach our turn, I am like duh. Built Tough. Of course it is a Ford Dealer. We pull in. Dave parks the van. He says, “I bet it is under the sign” I look at him. “I think you are right Dave” Well the cache was in that vicinity. I found it. Signed the log book. I was back home within 10 minutes of setting out for the hunt. Well All right. I'm glad the 3rd cache worked out. Too bad I did not get an AGT today. Maybe later.... Maybe later... I hope this 365 day does not become a chore. Geo caching is my hobby. I would hate to dread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment