Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 6 To Serve and Protect (GCQD4B) Third time is the Charm

A Micro Cache. I knew sooner or later it would come to this. It  was not your ordinary Micro Cache (MC).  No it was the, To Serve and Protect MC.  I had attempted it twice before, while using my now retired Garmin V. The first time I was with Niki, we poked and we prodded and we circled the building and retraced our steps over and over again. Til finally we gave up exasperated. The second time I brought Hawk Eye. He and I shared a similar experience. Both these attempts were well over a year ago. I had become convinced that this cache was inside the Kane Burrow Municipal Building. The building that I was sure had inspired the caches name. I went inside. "Excuse me" I said to the woman behind the desk. She looked up almost startled although she saw me enter. "I have a question. You see I have this hobby called geocaching and I'm looking for a cache somewhere on this property," As I was saying this another woman entered the room walking behind the woman I was talking to. Her face was lit up with A knowing smile. I continued my question but now addressing both of them. "I was hoping you could tell me whether the cache is inside, or out." The smiling woman said, "Definitely out side."  "Out side I repeated."  "Definitely" She said. I smiled and rolled my eyes, I tossed a thanks her way and headed out side again. I told Niki that we were wrong about it being inside. We checked the GPS rereading the cache description. The most recent cache posts and the hint. We circled the parking lot like sharks. Getting closer then farther away. We checked the signs, and then checked them again. Then circled again. In hind sight the Magellan eXplorist GC pretty much had lead us right to it. My Garmin V was never that good. A little poking and prodding and Niki and I both found the cache together. Novalee KC and I posed for the foud it picture near the cache. Niki quickly descovered that there was no memory card in the camer. Maybe Hawk Eye and I will swing by later with the camera. Now that I'm in the know it will be nice watching someone else look for it. This Micro Cache was a great hide. I guess third time is the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment