Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 23 Cabin Fever Blues #1 (GC1118Q)

Niki and I fire up the GPS and discover that our 23rd cache is .9 miles away, it is Cabin Fever Blues #1, by Pegasis. We read the cache description and discover that is a winter cache. We look at the map on the GPS and discover that the hiding place for the cache is right near the shooting club on Dwight Rd.
We started walking. KC, Novalee, Niki and me. The foliage is now mostly gone. What leaves that remain in the trees make dry scratching noises as the wind shuffles them around. We walk down Janeway then along Shaw, then down Kinzua until we reach 321. Leaves crunch beneath our feet. On 321 I scoop up Novalee and place her on my shoulders. She pokes me in the face with some sticks she has collected as she tries to secure a grip on my head. I grab one and then toss it. “That one won't poke me again.” Novalee asks to be let down so she can walk. “Nope” I say, “It is to dangerous” Niki disagreed with that. “I used take the kids for walks down here all the time when walking KC”, she points, “The grass is wide along the side of the road.” I figured ok if mom says so. Who am I to argue. I set Novalee down. She is walking at a very slow pace. We approach the turn off for Dwight Rd. I look down at the GPS. The cache is now 100 feet away. Hurray we were right. We approach. Soon we cross the road to the inlet of Dwight Rd. The cache must be near the guard rail. The GPS insists the cache is 3 feet away. We wonder around. Look at the signs. We know where ever it is it would be noticeable even if there was snow on the ground. This was puzzling. We searched some more. Poked around. Felt around. No cache. Then Niki finds it. In a spot I had just looked in and missed. Pegasis is very clever. Niki is clever'er. I sign the log book. We re hide the cache. And head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment