Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 19 Moun Tabor Micro (GCP2DK)

Today we continued on with our spirit of Halloween cache hunts. We hit our fourth cemetery cache at Mt Tabor cemetery. This is another pretty cemetery. The forest that surrounds it on three sides was just busting with color. The graves are set pretty far back. Two giant fields loom on either side of the cemetery path. Then just before the field gives way to the grave there are two tortured tress. The one on the right looks like a giant hand came down and turned the top leaving the trees spine twisted. Both of the trees branches cocks and angles in painful looking ways. The bark of the trees are dark. The trees just looked tortured have been to many cemeteries. Few do not have tortured tress. My imagination tells me that torchered spirits make torchered tress. Who knows? Niki thinks it has something to do with the wind. and the fall.. You know a lack of leaves in the trees. She is sure the trees are beautiful in the spring. She is probably right.
It is obvious that the cache is along the forest bordering the back of cemetery. Obvious because that is the direction the GPS points. We keep KC leashed. He pulls and tugs, then chokes. He never learns. Novalee is holding Nikis' hand. She is not so happy about the wind. Niki and I walk and chat. The clouds look ominous and tense. When they open up it should be a great storm. I am ready for it. David and I finished the winter underlayment on the porch roof yesterday. It should be water proof for two years. Even if we don't get to shingling it. We will though. I am finishing this project. Rah! The GPS is counting down feet now. Actually it has been counting down in the hundreds of feet for a while now. Now it was counting down in the tens of feet. Once within 13 feet. We poke around. Niki zeros in on a spot. I see where she is going look down and I know she is onto something. I see the sheen of plastic under the rock as Niki is bending over to pick it up. Mmm I loose focus I like watching Niki she has a very pleasing form. She looks up. “I found it!” “Yes you did.” I said. I signed the log book. Saw that a very cool LED flash light was in the container. Decided to trade a very nice painted stone for the flash light. One of Nikis old friends Kelly Harmon painted a very realistic fox on it. It was an even trade. We also put a bouncy ball in the cache container for good measure. We re-hide the cache container, then head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment