Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 32 Happy Tails Micro Cache (GCNRZW)

This is the first day of my second month of geocacheing on a daily basis. I'm psyched about this. I still have a long way to go but this is a fine start. Today we decided to make it nice and quick. I have had a long day and am very much looking forward to a good nights rest. I decided to try my luck with Happy Tails Micro, by Dgroomer. Even though this cache is .7 miles away we decide to drive. I noted that there were parking coordinates in the cache description so I added the parking coords to the way-point list in the gps.
    We drove to within 50 feet of the parking coords. Then piled out of the van. No KC today but the rest of the gang was here. I switched to the cache coords. We were in Happy Tails Pet Groomers front driveway. These home caches makes me feel like a prowler. Niki refused to come into the yard. She feels uncomfotable walking in a private yard also. I wondered around in the driveway for a few minutes. I kept peering into the fenced in back yard. This is when the owner of the house came out. I held up my GPS, and she said GeoCachers” I smiled, “Yep”  Niki joined me as the homer owner gave us a good nature d scolding., “I put parking coordinates in the description, But we do the same thing. The cache is in the back yard through the fences, you can go through the yard if you want.” I smiled, she continued “We do the same thing.” She introduced herself to us. She is the Dgroomer. I have been to several of her caches. We chatted a bit more. She did operate the pet grooming business, and yes she would be happy to clip Kcs nails at a very reasonable price. We found the cache quickly. Chatting with her the whole time. I signed the log book. She handed us a business card. This was fun, and it was very nice meeting another geocacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment