Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 18 (AGT-ELK- Off the beaten path)

Today was a late cache. Work was called off today. I was working on my porch roof when I got the text message. So I finished up late and headed out on my cache hunt. David and I went together. It was late. The stars shown bright in the night sky. I had my head lamp on. David brought both of his head lamps. Good thing too, turns out my batteries were low. My batteries finally died. David lent me his head light.The trail was leaf strewn. The ground was slick under the leaf coverage. I tripped and slipped and even fell on my but at least once. The cool evening air smelt good. The stars were bright. The company was good. David and I chatted, and we joked. We told stories. We traveled in the dark. He had been very helpful earlier. Now we were relaxing in a very nice way. Hunting for the AGT cache. We found it. Well David found it. We stamped our AGT books. Then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment