Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 27 AGT-Warren- Whispering Winds Cache (GC2EHK2)

Day 27 This will be the second blog I finish today but the first one I started. I had half of yesterdays blog post written. I was exhausted though. I had to go to bed @ 8 pm yesterday. I think I wrote a paragraph and then kept drifting. I then set my alarm clock for 11pm hoping all I needed was a nap. I got up and wrote another paragraph before I fell asleep in the chair with my computer on my lap. It happens. I am on day 27 today. I posted my log yesterday on geocaching.com. I just did not meet my posting dead line. I have not given up.

Today we drove to Warren County. We sought the Whispering Winds Cache by KCEPENN We drove up to the Whispering Wind Camp ground. Well on the second attempt. First side road we took. Led us up to a castle on the hill. It was not really a castle. But the house was big and beautiful and had a wonderful view. The owners also had a couple of big dogs that greeted us. KC went wild and did some barking himself. Oh and on the way up we saw two deer. Very cool.
Once on the right track we parked near the camp office and asked for permission to leave the van their until our return. The woman was quite nice. Turns out she and her husband recently bought the Whispering Winds Camp ground. She gave me a brochure talked up her amenities. I bid her farewell. Then we went for a walk, the GPS guiding us towards our hidden quarry. The terrain was easily Navigable. KC ran free once we got onto National forest land. The GPS steadily counted down feet until we were very close. We hunted for this cache for about 45 minutes before Niki found it. The cache was hidden about 90 feet away from where our GPS thought it should be. I am so glad Niki was with me cause I was not even close. We stamped our books. I signed the log book and we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment