Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 14 St. Callistus Cemetery Micro (GCP41B)

We decided to take a drive today. A short one. We want to take advantage of this great weather streak we are having. Yesterday I decided to rip the roof off the porch. It has been leaking for far too long. Lots of rot. I need to move along with the repair and re-roofing project. So a nice local cache a little drive down the road sounded real nice to me.
We are driving to St. Callistus Cemetery. There is a cache there place by Biddle Beach... I met BB. A bit ago. Nice lady. I like going to cemeteries in October. It adds mystique to the the whole Halloween thing. We arrive at St. Callistus Cemetery. We heard the kids and KC into the cemetery proper. We parked near the cemetery on a side street. I don't like driving cars into cemeteries. It just seems wrong. Niki agreed. I don't even bother looking at the gps until we get within 300 feet of the cache. The kids are running around. I guess ghosts are chasing them. Their adventures are endless. We arrive to with 10 feet of the cache. Not a lot of places to hide a cache in a cemetery. Well there are but some of the places could be disrespectful. I poke around the respectful places and there the cache was. We signed the log book. Niki decided to walk home. I would have joined her. The day is so nice. The kids and I didn't though of course. Someone had to get the van home. Oh, and there was still a lot to get done under this blue sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment