Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 35 Old Boardinghouse Micro (GC1HBZJ)

We celebrate Halloween tonight in Kane. I've yet to carve my pumpkin. I will do the carveing officially on Halloween day which is Sunday. That right buying time. I started working on the garage roof today. Busy Busy. Niki painted a lot of the porch. We worked out side til 4:30 or so. Then KC and I went for the cache hunt. Niki opted to stay home so as she could get the chillins costumes on them and stuff.
I decided on the Boardinghouse Micro cache, by Pegasis. According to Pegasis there was a chemical factory in Kane. A lot of the Chem workers lived in the boardinghouse. This was some time around the great depression. All I know is when I arrived on location there was a cellar whole. Nature sure was busy reverting this one back to nature. KC was being rambuctions jerking this way and that so I attached his leash to a tree and started my search. I did not think the cache was in the cellar hole itself casue it was over grown with vegetaion. I hunted around a bit. KC whined. I reasured him every thing was fine, then checked the GPS for hints.
The hint said in the crook of an apple tree at eye level. I zeroed in on the only apple tree and proceeded to look. It still took a few minutes to find the cache, even though the hint was awesome. Once found I signed a very soggy log book. KC needed a long walk. So I brought him up along the telephone poles. This lead to a few trails. Then headed back home to begin the Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment