Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 31 Natures Resting Place (GCR85V)

Natures Resting Place, by PAWINGERS was my 31st cache.  11 months to go :) We decided to skip AGT for today. There is a huge storm a coming in from the west today. Big winds and lots of rain. There are tornado watches for a bunch of counties in my area. I really did not want to worry about a big storm while geocaching with my family. Natures Resting Place sounded like a really nice cache. It is in a cemetery just outside of town.
We drove there. Hopped out of the van. David was walking KC, Niki and I were on kid duty. Every one is in a great mood. This is an Indian summer sort of day with a windy bite to it. In short. For the now the present everything is perfect. We quickly found a path leading to a run down old cemetery on top of a hill. The graves are very old. There are bird houses in the scattered trees. The bird houses are worn they have seen better days. The GPS leads us to where the cache should be close to. We look around. None of us sees the cache. We gain distance from the cache then we get closer to the cache. Right back at the tree again. We all split up. I think we all study the stones, as we point out the neat things we see. David shows me a grave stone whose right side is complete whilde the left side of it is is raw stone. I like it. We hunt some more for the cache. At one point Dave says, “Their are too many birdhouses” this being in the tree the GPS leads us near time and again. He goes to investigate and is forced to back off by the chittering of an angry chip monk. “I thought that was a bird” he was saying, “I did not know chipmonks chirped!?” I looked at him, “Me neither.” We went back to looking. Niki began to use the GPS for a while. Time after time it brought her back to that darned tree. After a bit I decided I should investigate the birdhouses, chipmonk be damned. It chittered and vanished up the tree in a blur. While looking at the birdhouses I noticed that one of them. had no entrance that a bird could get into. I exclamed. “Them Sneaky SOBs'” Novalee piped up with the SOB thing. I let it go. It was cute. I found the cache. Niki and David came over I showed them the clever hiding spot.
   I signed the log book. The kids traded for some baubles. Niki decided to walk KC home while I  broght the kids home and heated up dinner. This was a very nice cache. I had fun with David, Niki and the Kids. David is heading out to Utah tomorrow so this was our last cache for a while. It was very nice that so much went so well today....

No comments:

Post a Comment