Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 20 FTF Cache... (GCXPB4)

The nearest cache this morning is the FTF cache by Dgroomer at .7 miles away. The sky is overcast. It appears rain is eminent. Niki, Novalee, KC, and I are up for the walk. Niki is getting into it. She looks at the GPS with me. We decide on our route together. This is good. I like working as part of a team with her. She is the one. My one. We seem to be traveling a bumpy road right now. She loves me. I love her, but I'll be damned because my pride is showing its ugly face a little to strongly right now. It is good though we are working together right now. We have this the daily cache hunt and I am enjoying it.
We decide to walk down Janeway St. cross Welsh St. continue on til Hacker, and then travel up Hacker til we reach 321 (Biddle Street). After that it is a short walk down Biddle St. until we find the side St. that will take us to the cache. Once the route was decided I read the cache description. FTF stands for First To Find cache. Dgroomer has this crazy idea that everyone can be FTF by changing the acronym to mean something else. So everyone who logs the cache gets to be FTF by creating a new meaning for the acronym. I know we can get very creative with this one. LOL
We start out. Novalee starts to sing, “Who let the dogs out.” over and over again. It is cute and very monotonous. Niki interrupts her every now and then and points out Halloween decorations to her. Kane loves Halloween almost as much as Antrim did. So far not as many carved pumpkins though. There were amazing pumpkins in Antrim. The artistry was amazing. Did you know that you can even carve watermelons. I seen the pictures on the internet. You should google image it. You will be amazed. I know I was. The decorations were nice though. Novalee loves it whenever shes sees a cat. She lets out a little “Moww” sound.
Niki and I look at houses we comment on what we like. What we don't. Our eyes are constantly drawn to roofs and gutters, their valleys, and their flashing. It is the next big thing and we are very curious. It is cold and cloudy but it does not rain. You know how I feel about fall. I am enchanted by it.
It is not long before we are on Biddle Street. We travel along it looking for Clay St. It junctions with the road we want. “There it is, Niki check this out.” I point at the GPS. “It looks like we can get to the cache faster if we take this road which angles away from Clay St.” It is a solid plan. There is a rail road track that leads to the road I want. We follow the rail about 50 feet to the road. I sigh as it becomes obvious that I should have stuck with the other road. The GPS shows that the path to the cache would take us onto a road that is a circles upon itself. Where the circle completes itself there is a string of power lines instead of a road. The GPS lies. We are now 700 feet away from the cache. So we walk under power lines. I look back at Niki frowning “Bushwacking again.” I say, and then, “You hang back. I will see if this will bring us closer.” She did. I did get closer. So I came back to them and hoisted Novalee up onto my shoulder and we bushwacked. It did not take long to come out into the Lutheran Home parking lot. “Ah” we were less then a hundred feet away from the cache. We had to plunge back into the woods. Just a bit. The GPS stopped its count down. It has something to do with tree coverage. I started powering down the GPS so I could start it back up again. This usually fixes the problem. While I was doing, while smiling. It was true. She is beautiful. She is happy. Every thing is all right. I logged my 20th cache in 20 days. We head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment