Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 25 AGT-McKean- Russet (GC163TY)

This is day 25. Niki, Takoda, Novalee, KC, and I are all together hunting for the cache. I worked day shift hours today. First thing we did after work is collect our GC gear and head out. I'm working on AGT-Elk. I must have had a brain fart cause I went with one of the closest AGT caches, which happened to be AGT McKean. I was looking at distance to the cache. I wanted to take advantage of some of the remaining day light after the cache hunt to work on the porch. Scraping and painting and installing the porch ceiling. Lots of work to do. Only so much day light to do it in. So I wanted to cache and dash. To make a long story short I was not paying much attention to which county the cache was in, as long as it was AGT and quick.
This one did turn out to be quick. We drove by the side road it was on once though. So we turned around and pulled onto the dirt road the cache is off from. We traveled this road til we got to a gate, then parked the van. We all put on our hunter orange. Takoda wore the vest, the rest of us wore hats. The car was about 200 feet from the cache. We walked along the road till the GPS directed us into the wood. We found a path in the direction the GPS indicated. No bush whacking today. The path lead us pretty much straight to where the cache was hidden. It was obvious where the cache was, so I decided to have fun with the kids. I smiled at Niki and then the kids, and in an exaggerated curious voice I asked, “Where is the cache, It is some where near I am sure?” Niki walked up to stand right next to the cache. She added, “Takoda, Novalee, I'm sure the cache is near. I think it is buried somewhere on the ground.” Takoda was just running around not taking to the hint. He was having a good time though. Novalee on the other hand started slowly looking for it but in a halfhearted way. Niki and I delivered a few more hints. Niki even pointed Novalee in the direction of the cache. Then in her sweet little voice. “I found it.” The charade was up. Takoda came to where Novalee was and picked up the cache box. I opened it for them. Niki helped the kids make their trades. I stamped my AGT pass book. This is when I realized it was McKean. Niki looked up and said , ”hat is Ok this is my first Mckean AGT stamp.” This was true it was ok. I signed the log book. Niki stamped her AGT book. We re-hid the cache. Novalee look up at me in a very serious and proud voice she said to me, “ I found the cache Daddy.” I smiled down at her, “Yes you did baby.” Then I looked up at Takoda and let the know, “You both did a great job.” Takoda asked if we were going to do another cache. This is very knew for him. Most of the time he just wants to go home. I looked at him. “No buddy, we only do one a day” The little guy actually looked disappointed. I almost caved but we had chores to do, so we headed home to our chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment