Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 11 Words of Wisdome (GCQAE6)

Novalee is feeling better this morning. So we decide to seek words of wisdom”. It is only .4 miles away. Niki, Novalee, KC, and I gather at the front of the house. I achieve GPS signal. I see the cache is at the top of Taylor ST. I tell Niki it looks like it is over in that direction. I step towards her to show her the GPS map, but she is gone. She heads up the street. I guess she is rearing to go. I study the map a bit longer and decide that we should head along Welsh St until we get to Taylor, and then head up. I call out to Niki who is at the top of Janeway St now and waiting for me at the corner of Janeway and Dawson. “Dear I want to go the other way. You know along Welsh.” Niki is too far away for me to read her facial ques, but I can tell she is a little annoyed by the way she walks. Sigh, oh well. She is back at our starting point and I show her the map. Then ask her the rhetorical, “Are you mad?” She looks at me, “you could have told me I was going the wrong way.” I nodded assent. Then off towards Welsh we walked. On the corner of Welsh and Janeway I told Niki we were heading towards Taylor St. Niki let out a “So I was heading in the right direction” I acknowledged she was correct again, “You know dear there is always more than one way to get anywhere in this town. I think this is the best way though.” She did not disagree. So along the length of Welsh we traverse heading north. We see a few houses for sale. “That one has a nice big yard.” yeah but not much of an up stairs. But it has a garage.” Such is the idle chitter chatter that passes between us. The older houses of Kane give way to modern houses on this part of Welsh. The power lines are buried. The sky line is open. The tree line in back of the houses seem crisp and clear. I regret not bringing my camera. It was foggy and raining when we left, and I did not want to risk the camera. Now however their was no fog. It was not raining, and I wanted my camera. Next time. At the corner of Welsh and Taylor we met a poodle on a leash, KC got excited. KC whines and almost howls, and then pulls hard in the direction of other dog, it sounds like he is hurt. Truth is, I guess he is just very social. It took a bit of effort to calm him down. We continue on up Taylor. We are 1000 ft away from the cache. We have pretty much guessed we are heading for the care wash. We arrive. Reread the cache description. The GPS leads us with in 6 ft of it. I start poking around. “It isn't,” oh but it is. “How very sneaky.” I found the cache. Niki thinks it was very clever. I was lucky to have found this one. Cause it was concealed so as look very natural. I am the first to sign the log book. Novalee asks if we are going to dollar general, it is not to far away. I actually consider it until I remember we have KC with us. No, Novalee, we are going home, and that is where we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment