Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 12 Anotock Cache (GC128Z)

This morning was an up and go sorta day. I got up and got out. Had to be back home by 9:30 am. I needed to be in Bradford by 10am with Takoda. Niki had a dentist appointment in Jamestown a little later We split our resources and got the jobs done. This is day 12 so lets keep this train going. I got up with the kids. Breakfasted them up. Brewed some coffee. Turned on our electric baby sitter. Yeah some times I am one of those kinds of parents. So bug the F off. Any how I knew Niki would be up soon. I geared up for geocaching. Saw that the closest cache was the Anotock Cache at .6 miles away. Niki came down the stairs as I was heading out the door. Looking at the GPS I saw that I knew the where abouts of the caches' location. It should be at the end of Janeway St and into the wooded paths beyond. Fun Fun. I take KC and the camera.
Two blocks down but still on Janeway ST I stand at the paths entrance into the wood. The path is really a service road for the gas lines, and utilities. I have hiked around here a lot. I pretty much know where I am going on these paths. So KC and I enter. I look at the GPS get an idea as to where I want to go. I then unleash KC. He loves these woods also. I arrive at the first junction and take a right. Then a second right I'm heading towards Kane Manor. The sun has finally surfaced I see it sprinkle onto the forest floor as it is filtered through the trees. The smells are full of fall. The fall flowers mixed in with the drying leaves. It is a happy place I walk through it at peace. Eventually the Kane Manor path branches off to the left. A quick glance at the GPS tells me that the cache is possibly that way. I head that way and shortly the distance between me and the cache increases. I back track a little until the cache is .2 miles away. I decide to bush wack in. So through the woods I tramp climbing over fallen trees and stumbling though branches, and saplings. After a bit of this I am deposited onto a path. I see a bridge. I start back into the woods towards the cache. I hear a wooden thump. KC has just slipped and fell onto the leaf covered bridge. I stifle a laugh. The cache is now 300 feet away. I come up to within 10 feet of the cache. Then I see it. In a funky shaped bowl of a tree. Day 12 is complete. Now I just got to get home and rush through the rest of my morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment