Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 29 Edgewood Cache Revisited (GC1BQ83)

Buisy day. Worked on the porch most of the day. Installed ceiling, Light and a porch outlet. Ate dinner after the sun had set then looked for a close by cache on geocaching.com. I was looking for a cache and dash, and I found one in Edgewood Cache Revisited by Dgroomer. It is 1.1 miles away. I decide to walk. I had, had a beer earlier. I don't drink then drive. Period!. So hoofing it is a good idea. I am able to walk at a pretty good pace as I am alone. The chillins are in bed. Niki is home with them. I did not bring KC. I did not want him getting the the neighborhood dogs going.
My route is pretty simple Janeway, to 321 to School St in East Kane. The weather is magnificent. It has been all day. This is what we call Indian Summer. Days like today etch themselves into your memory for a good long time. Yep today was a gift and I am enjoying it. The moon is big and bright. Traffic is light. I walk fast. I don't much like night cache hunting. Not by myself. I believe in the buddy system. Even at 38 the buddy system is good.. It is not long before I arrive at the area where the cache is hidden. I am at a ceramic shop. It appears most of their wares are on display in their front yard. It is quite a sight. Porcelin mushrooms, animals, and fairy folk. All kinds of neat things. Looks like the second floor of the the shop is a residence. I feel like a burglar prowling around looking for the cache. Not for long though cause I have located it. Nice hide. I sign the log book and get the heack out of here. I will be back though. I want to check out the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment