Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 67 Blackberry Micro (GCT37W)

     Almost gave up today. I just did not feel like doing anything. I do not know what got into me. It could have been the the the snow that was piling out out side or maybe I could have a case shift change jet lag. Either way we did not leave the house til 12pm. Novalee, KC and me attempted another cache before settling on the Blackberry Micro by Pegasis.
    We got off to a bad start. Novalee played in our front yard while I cleaned the snow off the van. When we were ready to leave Novalee had told me she had to go pee. We went in side I helped her out of her winter garments. Then after wards I helped her bundle up. It was 12 when I had decided I better get going on the cache. It was 12:30 by the time we were able to leave.
    I started  towards the cache. It did not take long for me to realize I needed to turn around and fuel up the van. At the gas station Navalee told me she had to go to the bathroom again. This was the 3rd time with in a half hour. I drove back home, then helped her out of her winter garments.. Then back into them again. I was very frustrated by this. I was starting to feel a bit of panic.  I finally decide to get going and it felt like I could not get out of town. 
    Eventually we did get going. I drove to within 70 feet of my first cache choice. Took me a bit of time to find a decent place to park. At first I wanted to park near a gate. The road that led to the gat though was not wide enough for me to park off to the side and let traffic flow around the van. I did end up finding a place to park 300 feet from the cache.
    We got out of the van, donned our hunters orange. I put Novalee on my shoulders, grabbed KC's leash and we headed towards the cache. We got to with in 0 feet of it. I set Novalee down, then let KC off the leash, and started hunting. I made circles from ground zero. I did not see the cache anywhere. Novalee started complaining about the cold. I distracted her by asking her if she wanted to make a snow man. "How?" she asked. "Make a snowball and roll it on the ground." I told her. to her credit she tried. Then I did and realized the snow was not sticky enough. Poor thing was disappointed. It did not take long to realize that we would have to move on. So we did.
    We hopped back into the van. This is when I decided on the Blackberry Micro, a cache and dash. I drove in the wrong direction at first. Turned around and drove in the right direction. It was 2 oclock when I parked the car at the second cache location. I thought the cache was in a magnet on the gate. I left the Novalee and KC in the van while I checked out the gate. I walked to the gate and noted on the GPS that the cache was a good 300 feet away from the gate. I walked back to the van and got Novalee and KC. Then we headed past the gate 300 feet to the cache location.
   We were at an old oil well. The cache was a magnetic key holder with a log book in it. It was hard to find. Mostly because I was running out of time. I did find it. I signed the log book just as Novalee was telling me she had to go pee again. I called KC to me and leashed him, then popped Novalee back on my shoulders telling her, "We will be home soon babes". Then we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment