Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 87 Grass is Always Greener (GC1DTMN)

   Working an on odd shift this week. Well day shift which I guess is not so odd for most of us. But it is very odd to me, and today is the day with the least sun light of the year. Add it all together and we can say I was worried whether or not I would get the cache in today. I did get one in. I came home after work and we got the kids ready... Uh thank you Niki. Then we headed out towards Hazelhurst.
   Hazelhurst is a nice place. We decided on the The Grass is Always Greener Cache, by Glendorn because it was described as a quick fun cache, and it was in Hazelhurst... We love this town. They have a park with a pond in it. We brought the kids here to fish last spring. The cache was in that very same park. What a coincidence. We parked the van Takoda and I got out. I started looking for Takoda's gloves. Niki said she would take care of it. While she was doing that I figured I would get a head start on the cache hunt. I had KC with me. Leashed, as this was a public space. I kinda stumbled across the cache. I showed it to Niki, "That was fast." She was saying as I looked for a pencil to sign the log book with. By the time I had the book signed Niki, Takoda and KC were heading towards the distant playground. Novalee hung back with me. We re-hid the cache and joined the others.... What a great way to spend the first day of winter....

No comments:

Post a Comment