Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 85 101 Dalmations #70 (GC28T36)

  Day 85, wow, and so close to the Holidays.... Been pooring through pictures on the computer most of the morning. We are doing something with pictures this Holiday season. The process is getting tedious. It was getting late. I needed to have some of the pictures printed out. Oh and of course there is always last minute shopping. Niki and I had a brilliant idea. She would go take KC for a walk while I go on geocacheing.com to see if there was any quick Bradford caches. Sweet there was. In fact more then a handful of caches was on or around the Walmart parking lot.
   We drove to Walmart in Bradford. Constrution on rte 219 is finished.  It took us about 36 minutes to get within 265 feet of the cache. We parked. I looked up and in the direction the cache was on. Yeah. the cache was up on a ridge. I looked up the cache notes on the GPS.  The description said stick to the trail. We walked around to the back of the store looking for a trail. We found it just in back of the dumpsters. The ground was snow covered but the snow was not too deep. I carried Novalee on my shoulders we followed the trail until we lost it. Then we walked in a drainage trench that was built along the top of the ridge. Niki had fallen behind. I looked back and it seemed she was playing with her shoe. She could have been frustrated? She had a chance to back out of this cache. I did too we chose to go on so I pushed forward looking for a likely spot where the cache might be hid. I kind of knew what to expect as this was our second 101 Dalmations cache. This one being #70 in that series of caches. Niki had the GPS so it was guess work for me. I set Novalee down. She stood for a second then fell forward breaking her fall with her hands on the cold snow. She got upset but it passed quickly.
  I started digging around a log. Poking around in likely places. Then walked back towards Niki and Takoda. "You guys comeing..?" Niki called from in the woods above. "We are comeing hold your horses, We are comeing." Yep she was anoyed. Oh well We started hunting for the cache. She handed me the GPS and I got within 0 feet of it. I noticed a trail further away from the ridge and directed the children to stand on the trail. They were more then happy too. Takoda though took the opportunity to tell me it was too cold to be here. "Too cold"
   Niki and I dug and poked around this log for about 10 minutes. Then Niki asked for the GPS. The readings had changed. We were now 30 feet from the cache, even though we had not moved. Niki pointed over to two other logs that could be hiding the cache. Both were hollowed out creating great natural hiding places for caches. I explored the closest one and promptly uncovered the cache. We were very excited. Niki and the kids posed as I took a picture of them with the cache. Niki then took some pictures of Bradford. The view is very impressive way up here. Then they started back, while I signed the log with a pen that did not want to write in the cold. I did manage to sign the log then tucked the log back into the container. Then oops I did not get the name of the Dalmatian.... I opened the container pulled the log back out and unrolled it looking for the name. Got it. Put everything back in place then raced down the trail to catch up to my fam....

No comments:

Post a Comment