Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 95 River Valley Surplus Cache (GCWZ5B)

  We are beginning to travel further for our caches. Today we found River Valley Surplus Cache, by Happydancer 123. We were originally going to do the Winery at Wilcox cache. It was a no go though. The cache description asked anyone going to seek the cache out to be respectful of the property. The winery grounds was well landscaped and Niki and I truly felt that any searching on our part would constitute not being respectful of the property. It was sad but we decided to go to the next closest cache.
   The cache sight had good parking, and plenty of space for KC to run. KC and I were the first one up the hill and the cache jumped right out at me. I was worried too cause the cache hint said something like between the rocks. Up in Kane you can't really get to any rocks because of all the snow.. Here between Ridgeway and Johnsonburg.. What snow. The ground was thinly blanketed. There was no digging involved. After locating the cache I told Niki I found it and handed her the GPS. "Give it ago I said." Her and Takoda quickly found the cache. Takoda was asking for help, "I can't get the handle" Novalee and I helped him with it. I popped open the container and grabbed the log book while the kids looked throught the goodies. Soon all the trading was done, we re hid the cache and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment