Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 75 Let the Stairs Guide You Cache (GCQXK8)

    Another late start on a over cast flurrying day. Niki, Novalee, KC, and I left the house around 12:30. We had a little difficulty getting pointed in the right direction. Eventually however we were driving towards the cache. Route 321 was still snow covered. We drove slow. We were looking for bliss hill road. For those of you who know the lay of the land it is the left hand turn off just after Bob's Trading post. Great place to pick up a wedgie if you are ever in the area. Bliss hill was very well maintained. The road crews sanded and salted. We were able to drive up Bliss hill with confidence. We drew near the cache then drove past it scouting for a good parking place. No such luck however so we parked on the side of the road and put the four way flashers on. We had parked at a set of stairs that are part of the north country stairs. I asked Niki if she didn't mind waiting in the car with Novalee and KC while I headed up to the cache. She looked at me and smiled I can go. I looked back saw that she was serious. So I was like why not and handed her the GPS. She disapeared up the stairs. I got out of the van to dig ice out of the wheel wells. The ice build up looked pretty dangerous to me. Niki came back down the stairs a few minutes later handing me the micro cache container smiling. I signed the caches log book while Niki continued on with my good work on the wheel wells. She then returned the cache, and headed out to look for a great place to walk KC.

No comments:

Post a Comment