Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 82 101 Dalmations #103 (GC28T4Y

   Ha, ha, 101 Dalmations # 103 by Mat-Kat+1 was not a dash and cache. I almost feel like I am getting my groove back. We took Duffy road off of route 219. This is definately a back woods sort of road. Very scenic and hilly an not so salted or sanded. We drove carefully and enjoyed the scenery. Every thing was white. The trees were frosted the sky was blue. Yep blue skies... Yay! Eventually got close enough to the cache to park.
   The GPS lead me to within 6 feet of the cache. We hunted around for a bit. We were sorta in the triangle clearing where two roads meet. KC went right up to the cache. So I dug in the snow in that area. Not finding cache I wandered off then KC was back at that spot on the other side. Again I investigated. Still nothing so i wanered away again. Niki was poking around near the wood edge and Novalee was just enjoying the snow until her boot fell off. That got the old drama flowing. Niki tended her and then Novalee sorta just stood still while Niki and rutted around digging in the snow around a fallen log. Niki came over to the spot I KC and I had investigated earlier. She tried pulling up a stick. It did not budge and she wandered off. I came back to the same spot and gave the stick I might heave and it cam loose. I dug around through the snow that was underneath the stick and I spotted a hunter orange cylinder. Ah ha it was the cache we sought. Strangely there was a black zip tie around it. The cylinder was attached to something. I dug the whole package out. How cute it was attached to a Datamation statuette. Unbelievable! Niki and I got a real kick out of this. It was about then that Novalee turned up her drama volume. She had to go answer natures call. We tried explaining to her that we were heading home and she could go there. She would not hear it. She stayed agitated awhile. I signed the log and we raced home to tend Novalee's needs...

No comments:

Post a Comment