Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 83 Dolls of Guffy (GC1X62T)

    Day 83 and another proper cache. We continued on with the road we left off on.yesterday. Or we regressed. I have know idea why I by-passed Dolls of Guffy by Witchiepoo 61 and Ghostfinder yesterday. But we did. Today we rectified that.
    Another overcast day. There was a couple more inches of snow on the ground today. The road we were on had not even been plowed. We pushed on though and even managed to find parking near the cache. I got out and let KC run. This is a low traffic area so it was safe. Then I actually walked a full circle while the GPS tried to make up its mind where the cache was. It came down to one side of the road or the other. Then the GPS decided it was on the right side of the road. So while I was playing with my GPS Niki says. "That tree looks like a perfect hiding place." She be-lined  it for the tree and started digging snow out its hollowed out trunk. I watched her for a second and said, "You found it didn't you." She did not answer which was an answer in and of itself cause she was working the tree pretty intensely. Then she said "Yeah but I can't get it to move it is frozen in there." Metaphorically I rolled up my sleeves as Niki stepped aside and I worked the cache container out. It was a plastic coffee can filled with pretty little dolls. Novalee was very excited. She found the perfect doll then we traded gingy, a Shrek toy for it. I signed the log book then we drove up to the Barrel House to make breakfast with Santa reservations for tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment