Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 69 Watermill Micro (GC14KDC)

   A quick cache and dash, just out of work, Watermill Micro by Pegasis was just what the Dr. Ordered. Things are heating up at work. There are lots of bottle necks to work through. As a result I worked a spit shift. 3-6, then 1230 til 6. I know I am going to be wiped out later so I figured I might as well find a cache before the second wind leaves my sail. Niki works today. I hope I can grab a nap before my next shift begins.
   I found the cache by the cold light of the dusk... and, um my flash light. When I left work I had a pretty good idea where I was going. I had park in the same location for two other caches. This did not help me much, I still passed the parking area. I found a safe place to turn around, and then swung the van into the parking area. I was pleased to note that the parking area had been plowed. I double checked to make sure the van doors was unlocked. Made my flash light ready.
   When I got out of the vehicle I headed straight for the gate. This was one of Pegasis hides and I knew her m.o.. To my surprise the cache was nowhere on the gate? I then followed the GPS signal to the near by guard rail. This time with confidence that my infallible GPS would not lead me astray I walked with in 6 feet of the cache. I did not see it. I circled away from the spot then came back to close proximity of the cache. Still nothing. I poked and I prodded. Dug around in the snow. Going away from then back to the GPS hot spot. It took a bit of looking but eventually I found the cache in the very spot I had looked several times earlier...? How did I miss that. I signed the GPS log then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment