Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 68 Where the flowers live (GC1BH6W)

    Another Cache and Dash. Am I taking the easy route? Yeah I probably am. I am juggling a few things at the moment. Today I spent part of the morning loading the gps with caches that can be relatively easy to find in spite of the snow covered ground. I do like hiking. I do not like frantically  looking for a cache that is probably buried by several inches of snow, while my 3 year old daughter, who has better winter gear than me is upset because she is cold. Enough all ready! The fun is getting leeched right out of this. This is why I decided to stack the deck with more then just a few winter friendly caches.
    Where the flowers live, by Ogrin was pretty clever. The name of the cache was a great hint for where to find it. Niki drove down 6 east. The land is frozen and white. As we  approached the cache the GPS counted down. I drew a mental image of the area into my head. 30 seconds before the green house came into view I realized that this is where we would end up. "Niki, I bet this one is at Belles." She pulled into Belles and the GPS read 3 feet from cache when we passed their sign. I looked at Niki. "Um, looks like it is near the sign. I should be right back" I hopped out of the van. Walked around the sign. Then poked around at the signs base. What seemed to be the cache moved. I brushed snow off the container. It was the cache. I brought the cache back to the van and signed the log book in the vans warmth. Novalee traded for bunnie whistle. I put the cache back where I got it. We moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment