Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 74 Wildcat Park (GCQXJV)

    The Wildcat Park cache by Wiz&Mol was a great choice today. It has been snowing for days now. I have been having a heck of a time finding places to park near the caches. When I saw this cache I was thinking Wildcat park... They have winter events over there, so the parking lot is probably plowed. With that in mind I got the mighty geo dog KC boarded onto the van and we headed out.
   On a day like today slow and steady wins the race. Eventually I arrived at Wildcat park. Yay, not only was the parking lot plowed. The roads that wind through out the park were also plowed. This was happiness for me. I drove into the park for the first time. I've wanted to check out this park for a while. A cache within its fenced boundaries was a great excuse. The park is very impressive. Snow covered picnic tables and gazebos grace the landscape. There is even a baseball field. The gazebos looked like giant mushrooms. I found a place to park about 300 feet from the cache. I opened up the back of the van and let KC out. I did not even bother with the leash. He jumped out and slid his four feet going in every which way. I looked at him trying to stifle my laughter. KC actually looked embarrassed. I have never met an animal with so much facial expressions. Once he recovered we began to walk. It was nice walking along a plowed road. Eventually the cache was 50 feet away, so off into the knee deep snow we went. The snow fall picked up. It was very close to a white out. KC stayed behind he was literally on my heels. The GPS counted down to 0. I was close to the cache and began feeling around for it. A few moments later I made the cache discovery. I signed the log book. Then I decided to explore the park and give KC a chance burn off some energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment