Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 91 Lower Gibbs Cache (GC247RA)

   Merry Christmas Straypoet, and thank you for the Lower Gibbs Cache.. Today the weather was over cast. We had had a good Christmas morning. We visited with neighbors, then we found a cache to seek and headed out. The kids were kind of upset to leave. They had little choice.  Poor things. We followed route 6 until we reached Gibbs road. Then we drove to within 200 feet of the cache. We found a good place to park. We left the four way flashers on in the van. Niki decided to bush whack. KC and I found a gated trail warning off tress passers. So we tress passed. At least I wasn't going to get my feet wet from the little brook that flowed between me and my cache.  
  As I got close to the cache I decided to unhook KC. He ran towards Takoda, Novalee, and Niki who were fording the brook. They caught up to me as I was figuring out that the cache must be in front of me somewhere. There was this rock which a tree had decided to grow on top of it. The roots dangled off the rock until piercing the ground a good eight feet from the trunk of the tree. This was a very neat sight in a very relaxing section of wood. The cache hint indicated that this was what I was looking for.
   The cache was frozen in place beneath a smaller rock. We found the cache. Then we managed to open the cache. I signed the log and we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment