Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 66 Windy City (GCWC92)

Didn't get out there til about 11:00 today. It is getting later and later. Flood watches today. Lots of rain is hitting the area right now. Not so good considering the ground is frozen solid. I was surprised when Niki decided that in spite of the rain that she in the kids were more then willing to come with. Well she and Novalee was. Takoda had a little hissy fit about. Sigh. We dealt with it calmly. They all got ready and we headed for the Windy City cache, by Glendorn.
   The ride was uneventful. We found the trail head and began to follow it. Takoda ran ahead of us, his mood changing drastically for the better. KC joined him ahead of us. Novalee hung back as usual. Niki and I walked side by side enjoying this windy, rainy, and muddy day for what it was. We  walked right up to within 65 feet of the cache. The GPS froze. I was resetting it when Niki, KC and Novalee went in after the cache. Takoda hung back with me running up and down the trail.. The GPS was taking its time finding satelites. Eventually it did though and to my surprise I was 30 feet away from the cache. With out even moving. I called Niki back, on her way she and Novalee spotted the cache. The cache location was pretty neat. It was set up not to be seen from the trail, but it was in plain sight on the way back to the trail. The kids traded for items. I signed the log book, and we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment