Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 48 Cabin fever blues #5 (GC1NQ18)

Cabin fever blues #5 was kinda tricky. We parked the van right where we parked it yesterday for the Camp Jazz cache. We saw a likely trail across the road. We headed for it. The trail skirted the road for a bit I really thought I was onto something. Novalee had a peice of underbrush snap onto her leg. Then trudged up the hill crying. KC pulled at his leash. No way we were going to let him run free so close to rte 321. Takoda just kept zipping around us. He was in really good spirits. He got his report card today and it was very impressive. I gave him a big High Five and then  a big hug. So yeah he is in a great mood. It did not take long to realize we were on the wrong path. We got closer to the cache then further away. We walked back to the beginning of the trail then along the road (321) until we were within 50 feet of the cache. It looked like we needed to bush wack in. We did this. I lead the way. We had to hop over a drainage ditch,  We all got over I went up the wooded bank. I looked back Niki was doing great with the kids but I knew she could use a hand. She is cacheing  with me, so we can be together. I hitched KC to a tree and helped them up. Niki took over KC duties and the GPS. I kept close to Novalee helping her when she needed it. Takoda was trudgeing along on his owne. We found a metal pipe. I knew the cache was in a magnetic container on that pipe. It wasn't there but I kept looking. Niki realizeing that Pegasis had placed the cache. She also realized we had done some other cabin fever blue caches. Futher more all these said caches had been placed on gaurd rails. Once she put all these bits of realizations together she headed 30 feet away towards gaurd rail.  A minute later she had the cache container... Good job Niki. I signed the log book. Then we took KC for a proper walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment