Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 42 West Kane Micro (GCQYTZ)

Day 42 all ready. This has been fun. Niki and the Kids have done a great job keeping up with me, and visa versa. So far we have 3 unfound caches. Back in the day I would have never given up. I guess I've matured. This is fun and I want to keep it that way. So today we attempted one cache but finished another.
  We started West Kane T Cache. it was supposedly in a real nice area.  We enjoyed the hike. We even enjoyed the hunt. We walked 4 tenths of a mile mostly up hill.  There was no views. But the woods felt like home. We have a reservoir back home near where my parents lived. The trail leading to the reservoir was much like this one. Very nice. KC ran around with lots of gusto. That dog loves inclines. He really is beautiful. Even Takoda had lots of energy. Novalee rode a lot of the way up the inclines on my shoulders. Niki hung back with Novalee when Novalee was not on my shoulders. I think she was haveing fun. I hope so any how.
   Eventually we got with in 10 feet of the cache. We hunted for the cache for some time. We kept coming back to this same rock. This rock was interesting, it looked like it was part of a building project. Big rusty lag  bolts juted out from it. This rock was curious. Time and time again we studied this rock. At one point at a distance from the rock I saw two paper towels on the ground. I picked them up thinking I was going to put them into my pocket. I really don't like littering. I know it is rude. Unfortunately after picking up the paper towels I saw ominous brown stains on the paper towels. No way they were going into my pocket. Regretfully I put them back on the ground.  I guess I'm not that good of a samaritan. After a bit we decided that this cache would not be found today. We headed back to the van.
   Niki pointed out that there was a a cache and dash cache down the road. We decided to  attempt it even though cache and dash cashes never seem to work out that way for us. This cache is West Kane Micro by Mister Stooge. To our surprise we were able to drive within 32 feet of the cache. We decided to leave the kids in the van while we investigated the area we thought the cache was in. We belined it right for the cache. I located this cache and signed the log book and then we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment