Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 43 Durant City (GCGP3P)

Today has been a lazy Sunday. Niki and the kids came with on this hunt. We picked a easy one cause this is football day. It is hard to pull Niki away on FB day. We decided on the Durant City Cache, by Wolf Track. Daurant City has a 1/1 rating. We checked out the map. The cache looks to be located just off route 66 near James City. We loaded up in the van and buzzed off. Maybe 8 minutes later we were pulling off from the road. We got the kids dressed in their hunters orange. We were 500 feet away from the cache. We started walking up the logging road. This land is owned by the Collins company. I hear they are one of the largest private land holders in the state. If not the country. They don't mind foot traffic though so here we are. The logging road is well maintaned. We let KC run ahead. Takoda asks me if I want to run with him. Run! Me? Of course I do. I start out at a good clip. I hear Takoda crying. He fell on the loose rocks. I pick him up and give him a big hug. Some times you got to make a big deal out of the little things. It means so much to him. I asked him if he was ok. He was so I set him down. Then we ran our hearts out, until. Niki called us back. She had the GPS. She also was much closer to the cache then Takoda and I was. She was right to call us back. Niki was 54 feet from the cache. I really did not want to bush whack in though so we hunted around for a trail into the wood. It did not take us long to get back to where Niki originally wanted to go into the woods. There was no trail. We headed in.toward the cache, Novalee on my shoulders. It did not take us long to reach the cache. Niki spotted it. Then walked right up to it and stood near it. Novalee caught on and then spotted the cache just before I did. Novalee is starting to get very good at this. Niki is too. I am of course as good as I ever was. Take that for what it is. The Cache container had a big hole in it. I put a dry paper in the log book bag. Signed and dated of course. The kids traded for a couple items. Then we headed home to football.

No comments:

Post a Comment