Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 50 AGT-Warren 646 Mystery Well (GC1XOAR)

AGT CACHE.... So COOL!  Yep we finally got onto the trail of another AGT cache. I am happy Niki is very happy. She has her owne passbook you know. We have not done too many AGT chaches since she got her pass book also. So here we are on a Sunday all happy and warm like because we did done do it...
   The 646 Mystery well is actually located relatively close to our Dr.s office. I almost hunted it down the other day when I dropped off the Niki in the kids for Takodas Dr appointment. I had decided against it because it looked to be on some serious back roads. Was it.. Nah we weren't mudding and stuff, but we did end up getting their in a round about way. The cache is in a little known town called Cherry Grove. Of course the cache is on Cherry Grove road.  We started towards the cache on the wrong road. Rather then turning around we searched the GPS for where the road we were on would intersect with Cherry Grove road. Luckily it did. We found a good parking spot at a picnic area that was a couple hundred feet away from the cache. We hopped out of the van. The kidsl were excited about the play ground in the picnic area. We promised them a chance to play after we were done geo cacheing. We all hunted around for a trail that would bring us closer to the cache. We found one. I unleashed KC and we headed in.
   This trail was, is a bueatiful fall walking trail. I tell you boys and girls the leaves may be laying on the ground in brown rusty heaps, but there is still beauty in the wood. Poking up through the leaves are a pine like undergrowth. I guess people make wreathes out of them. I picked one while telling Niki about it. I was impressed with what all came out of the ground. It looks like a bunch of little pine trees, but it has multiple ruts like a strawberry plant. When pulled up it is long fuzzy and vine like. It would be easy to weave this material into a Christmas wreath. I think Niki and I are going to try and do this.... I hope so.    We continued on. I tried a new technique with my gps which helped us to find the cache. Once Niki and I found it, we decided to have fun with the kids. We hinted that we were close. They began to hunt for the cache. Then Woof...... KC got tense and went afte something  that was too deep into the woods for us to see. Niki and I both called him.  KC ignored us and kept heading deeper away.    I left Niki and the kids to hunt for the cache... (Wink) I moved closer to KC then called him again. He came back to me three quarters of the way and be lined back into the wood. I called him again.... He came too within my grasp then barked and dove back into the wood. The third time he came back I put his leash on. I praised him for comeing to me then I said, "Now lets see what got you spooked boy. Is it a bear?" He proudly led me towards two men. They greeted us. I invited them to come closer so KC could familiarize himself with them. They told us they were going to be on the shooting range not so far away calibrating their guns. They did not want to startle us. I thanked them. Then I headed back up to Niki and the kids.    Turns out that Takoda  and Novalee  spotted the cache at the same time. They were just trading for items in the container when I returned.. Niki stamped our AGT pass books." AGT so kewl" while I signed the log book. We then headed back to the picnic area to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment