Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 61 County Line Cache (GCQ3PN)

        Happy thanks giving. Yep we went geo cacheing today. This was a great way to walk off some of that delicious thanks giving turkey. We sure did put out a great spread. Niki and I worked very well together and created a masterpiece of a meal. After the meal and clean up, and then desert we left for the County Line Cache. This in spite of the Patriots were playing the Detroit Lions. I did not expect Niki would want to leave the game and go on a cache hunt. She did though and this gave me a very warm feeling inside.
     We decided on the County Line Cache. we tried this one yesterday. Unfortunately we did not get too far. I was scared away by the big dump truck that was rumbling up and down the road on some earth moving endeavor. If it was just me no big deal. I can handle that. When it is the kids, the dog and me it is all safety first. The little ones, KC included are not ready to be responsible for their well being. Each one of them represents a little bit of chaos. Add a dump truck and a one truck road. The safety factor goes way down. We came back to this place today because I doubted that anyone would be working up there today.
    I was right. the road was quiet. It was safe. Novalee was in mixed spirits. She started out upset. Got happy. Then leveled out as ok. Takoda was eager. He needed to get out today. He needed to burn off some energy. So what if, it was raining. He gets devious when he gets bored. Devious and into everything. Things went well. We walked up a big hill. A river valley was off to our right. The little brook issued a relaxing noise as it flowed. The wood in this area was dark the back ground gray. Kinda bleak, but my good mood seemed to brighten the scenery a bit. The .4 of a miles too the cache shrank rapidly. Then when we were in close range we spotted it quickly. Niki first, then  me, Takoda, and finally Novalee who eagerly hauled the container from its hide y hole. The kids traded for items while I signed the log book. We headed home hoping to catch the end of the Patriots game. Go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment