Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 54 West Run Rocks (GCPVT1)

Can you beleive. My 100th cache total. Most of them have been in PA. This is funny because I cached on and off for about 8 years in NH. I'm really learning the area. I highly recomend geocaching to any one fresh in any area. It really gives you a feel for the lay of the land. I don't get lost any more... Um... err, not that I ever have. Men don't get lost... Right?
  Thank You KB3ADF West run Rocks was a fun cache. This was a great hike in for us. 3 year old Novalee, KC, and me. The old road in made for a comfortable walk. Novalee was talkative today. She told me Takoda and her both had bad dreams last night. Hers starred Sponge Bob. I walked pretty slow. She kept up with my pace very well. KC stayed ahead of us, and kept running back to check and make sure we were doing well. Novalee eventually decided I should hear her new song. Her lyrics consisted of on word "Princess" I love that girls spirit she can really belt it. The sky was silver with promise of rain. The trees were bare. The ground was moist and brown with mud covered by a thick blanket of leaves. Novalee eventually quieted down and the quiet of the area was very peaceful. We could hear water flowing in a stream some where off to our left.         When we got to within 180 feet of the cache. We bushwhaked up to the cache. The stones were impressive. I love big rocks, especially in the fall. I can get a good view of em cause the lack of foliage. That said, I don't really like hunting for caches at big stone locations because there are so many great hideing places in the crevaces between the stones. I was a little worried when I saw them. Impressed but worried. I helped little Novalee and we made good time up the hill amongst the rocks.  ,        KC whent right to the hidden cache. This was a first for him. Usually the dog just runs around like a mad man. He has never shown an obvious interest in geo cacheing. KC comes along for the ride and the excercise. So yay KC! The real Cache Hound... Or Stashhound or what ever.. I signed the log book an we traded a screw driver bit for rosemay beeds that Novalee had taken a likeing to.I signed the log book. Then we explored the rocks under a light rain before heading home.  This was a great day, and thanks again...

No comments:

Post a Comment