Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 63 Kanesholm Micro Cache (GCP4GV)

    Ha ha, working on my 3rd month of geocacheing. Two months down, 10 to go. How exciting is that. I got out of work late again. I went home to pick up KC. Then we sat in the car while I figured out which cache to go for. Kanesholm Micro by Dgroomer looked nice and easy. I was hoping to find a cache that  would not land me in the middle of the woods on a snowy evening such as this. Kanesholm has a 1-1 rating. Theoretically it should be nice and easy.
   The roads were slick. I drove slow. I did not want to miss my turn off.  I pulled over a couple of times so as other cars could drive on by at their owne pace. Eventually I found my turn off. Wow a church. Very kewl, and what is this. I found my self driving on a narrow road in back of the church through a cemetery. The road was very narrow. There were reflective markers on either side of the road. I felt as if I might hit one before I found a good place to park. I didn't though, and eventually found myself parked right in back of the church.
    KC and I got out of the car. I unhitched him. Thought twice of it. Decided it would be ok then hoped he would not desecrate any of the graves. I was glad that he was only interested in the occasional tree. He loved being out here in the dark. He ran darting too and from me. His eyes reflecting the light of my head lamp in an eirie glowing way. Eventually at the back of the cemetery within the bow of a great big tree I located the cache. It was a good hiding place. I signed the log book. Then KC and I walked around a bit more. Until it was time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment