Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 109 The Old School of Dahoga Cache (GC1BN9J)

    Like Rocky Balboa (Sylvesta Stalone) running to the top of the stairs in front of the art museum in Philadelphia. This was Niki who after running to the top of a very large snow covered hill has her arms up in the Air. Her hands palmed up in victory fists. Yeah that's my girl Niki. "Getting strong now." This was a good beginning. Unfortunately after a 900 feet walk up hill there was no cache to be found... We hunted high and low before giving up, and heading back down the hill.
    Back at the van I checked the GPS for the next closest cache. To my surprise the nearest cache at 300 feet away was The Old School of Dahoga, by Dahoga.  We would have done the closer cache first had I noticed it in the GPS earlier.
    Niki, Novalee KC, and I got back out of the van and headed in the indicated direction. We got within 100 feet away from the cache. There was a very wide stream between us and the cache location. I picked up Novalee and tucked her under my arm and leaped over the stream... Niki lets out a "Oh my God!"  impressed by my jumping skills. .Niki says the heck with it and trudged through the stream. She was lucky. I have been told by an avid hunter of the area that there are places here that if you step  wrong you can sink up too your hip. She didn't though so that was good.
    After clearing the stream we walked up hill too the cache location and located the cache quickly. I signed the log. Novalee made a trade. In this case round two made us all winners... "Adrian!"
  

No comments:

Post a Comment