Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 102 Just because I like to fish (GC1CGYT)

  Day 102 out of my 365 days of geocaching. I am back on second shift again. I love those mid week shift changes. This was good though cause I did not have to race the setting sun in order to get the cache. The "Just because I like to fish" cache bye Glendorn was a pretty neat cache. It was a micro cache with good parking near by. A cache and go for sure.
    The 12 mile trip out to the cache was nice. The skies were blue with traces of clouds. Niki and I chatted all the way to the cache site. I like rides like that. It does not seem that we usually get  lost in conversation when at home. There are too many things to distract us. Get us in the car though and suddenly we are all about each other and how are time went when we were off doing our owne things. While either at work or home, or what ever. It was nice, and the ride was quick.
   When we pulled in 100 feet from the cache. I got out thinking I knew where the cache would be. This despite the GPS indicating that I was seriously mistaken. I ignored the GPS and probed around. When Niki realized that this cache might take some time to find she hopped out of the van. Then she headed for where she thought the cache might be. I figured she was on to something, as the GPS agreed with her and I headed in that direction. She found a spot where she thought it was. Because it was iced over I hoped she was wrong.  I probed around some more and then laughed out loud as I spotted the cache. It was very appropriate. Niki got a kick out of it also. I opened up the container and discovered that water had gotten inside the container and frozen solid. I brought the container to the van and slowly worked the icy log out of the film container(cache container). Then I gently pulled the cache out of both sealed zip lock bags. No good the log was totally soaked. I tore off a piece of envelope signed my name and dated it, Then I rapped the paper around the soggy cache log and put everything back together. We re-hid the cache and headed off to find a great spot to exorcise KC

No comments:

Post a Comment