Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 117 Marienville Fire Tower Cache (GC1HJWW)

  The Marrienville Fire Tower Cache by DevinC was pretty straight forward.  Parking was good. This part of route 66 has very wide shoulders. Wide shoulders, good! We parked the van, and all of us piled out. Originally I was going to let KC explore. Which I did until he decided he wanted to explore on rte 66 itself. There was no near disasters. I just did not like it so I called our brilliant dog to me and hooked him on his leash.
   Novalee and I walked past the cash, turned around and I saw it. I pulled the cache container out of it's hiding place and signed the log. I had, had the log signed and was putting it back in the container as Novalee was saying "you found the cache already dad? Maybe tomorrow we can find a big cache?" I looked at her smiled. "Ok Babs, ok" After that we headed across the road where there was an ATV trail. There we let KC run. Then we were off to explore the area...

No comments:

Post a Comment