Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 100 Sawmill (GCXDZJ)

    Day 100 people. Very impressive. I'm still working hard to improve the quality of my blog. Pictures would be nice. I think I will add pictures. Maybe I will try a double paragraph guarantee. Nah. It is what it is. We decided on the Saw Mill today by Mabeane.
   It has been a relatively nice day weather wise. Puffy white clouds in a blue sky. We were kind of pressed for time as this was the second cache we attempted today. The days are getting longer but they are still short. The first cache was in one of the awkward places that Niki and I would rather not search. I met a weird old guy that was trying to tell my that I had just missed a well endowed woman who had come out of the Post Office. I politely excused myself and Niki and I decided to move on. That is after we pulled a stale do-nut out of the van and fed it too some ducks. The kids liked that.
  We headed 8 miles down the road. Drove to within 150 feet of the cache. The Saw mill cache was along a back road. This was great for KC. The walk for the Niki the Kids and I was pretty nice. I am we did this one in the winter. The trail would have been very wet in any other season. Today we had ice instead of mud and puddles. KC kept racing up and down a bankened. We couldn't  figure out what he was up to. I guess he was happy to be back in PA, and maybe back into his routine. I sure the last few days had been stressful for him. He traveled well though and now he was able to enjoy his family on his terms.
    It was not long before the GPS indicated that I was within 6 feet of the cache. I looked around, and then told Niki I was within 6 feet of the cache.... We looked around there was nowhere the cache could have been hidden within 6 feet. I moved off the trail and walked over to a tree. It was as good a guess as any. I found the cache just as Niki and the kids were catching up to me. I signed the log and we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment