Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 105 Bring Your Fishing Pole (GCNANF)

   Hah... hah... another traditional cache, and I am loving it. I got up this morning and we were pretty much like lets go, lets go, lets go. I helped the kids gear up. Let Takoda work some negativity out of his system. It did not take long and we were gone.
  The Bring Your Fishing Pole cache, by Pegasis  is just off the North Country trail. This is a big trail. If you were to follow it from on en too the other you would end up in either the Dakotas, or the Vermont boarder... I may take this walk too Vermont some day.... It might be fun. Er, well at least it might be a pretty neat adventure.
   The North Country trail was in good shape. The foot deep fresh blanket of snow did not pose much of a problem. Though the stair that are part of the trail was very slippery. We crossed over a little foot bridge that a tree had fallen on to. Once on the other side I un hooked KC so he could run. Novalee began to pine about having to go pee. She sounded pretty serious so I handed the GPS to Niki and  helped Novalee while Niki and Takoda hunted down and found the cache. I helped Novalee bundle back up and we joined Niki and Takoda at the cache container. They already had the cache box open and were hunting the tradable items.  I signed the log and we worked our way back out and to the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment