Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 104 Crooked Tree Cache (GCNJ43)

 Thank you Pegasis. This was a great little cache. Niki, Novalee, KC, and I  hunted down the cache. We had a great walk in the woods. There was a fresh blanket of snow on everything. We played with KC as we made the uphill trek along the trail. We had parked 800 feet from the cache. So yes at last tackled a real cache.
   When we were 120 feet from the cache when we decided to bush whack. The GPS was behaving very well, so we found our selves near the cache quickly. Niki and I both saw an interesting group of trees. Two of em connected creating a natural bench. We thought the cache was hidden here so we belined it to this tree. The cache was not there but it was close. I found another similar tree and spotted the hidden cache under a light blanket of snow.
    We played the game with Novalee.... "I wonder where the cache is.?" Niki exposed the cache and Novalee excitedly exclaimed, "I found the cache!" The next trick was digging the ammo box out of the ice. Novalee was excited, and slightly impatient. It took some work but I broke the ammo box loose from the ice. I opened up the ammo box and let Novalee dig through cache as I signed the log...

No comments:

Post a Comment