Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 118 Guarding the Mountain (GC24QM4)

   Ah, at last! We found a cache we could find. By the time I decided to settle on a cache and go I had dragged the kids and KC through an hour and a half of geo-caching. Most of said time was spent searching for the Wilcox Cache. We got so close to the cache... So close. The view was bueatiful. We were on a mountain top cemetery over looking the little town of Wilcox. Once known I've been told as the Town of Bueno Vista. The cold sharp wind drove us out of the cemetery not finding the cache. None of us were comfortable.
  Next up, a cache and go. But wait the first two were not what they seemed. After turning the van around more then a few times I settled on Guarding The Mountain, by j&bs. The roads shoulders were wide, making the parking situation very nice. We pulled off.  Right nest to the cache. I left the kids and KC in the nice warm van. They were very pleased with this, as they were still recovering from the Wilcox chill. I signed the log and aimed the van for home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment