Thursday, July 7, 2011

The procrastination monster must feed.

Today is about procrastination. How do I procrastinate? Why do I procrastinate? Well recently I have committed my self to writing daily and to working on the house a little bit every day. Today both projects seem less than appealing. What have I done in lue   of those projects? Lets see. First I have organized my Kindle. That took a bit of time. Then of course I found a friend on FB to chat with.  Score, looks like I will be recieving a phone call in a bit. Oh yeah the procrastination engine is in full gear.

Well, one 48 minute conversation with a good friend later. She is a published author, and is always fun to converse with. She also teaches a writing class, and has offered to send some of her assignments my way. :)  Then another 40 minutes in conversation with a good neighbor. The last one sorta just happened. He was coming over to see if I wanted a table. I didn't but we shared pointers on home maintenance. After that it was about 11:45. Well I figured I should make lunch for the kids before heading up to the attic.

Ha ha. I did it. I spent about two hours up in the attic. Oh and I'm finishing writing this, just after taking a bath. Um, I am finishing this post. After wards I hang out my grungy attic clothes. Oh and I want to put away the dishes  before heading to work.  Well time to go... and get the rest of my list done...

Yep, I think I put the procrastination monster to sleep. Not be for I fed him though. Lets hope tomorrow goes better. Maybe I won't even give him a chance next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment