Wednesday, July 6, 2011

After #trust30, Whats next, by Shad

I really really enjoyed the #trust 30 prompts. I choose to move on though. To work on the many projects that I have started, and yes to start a few new ones.

I am still performing triage on my house. Her name is Corliss by they way. She is a beautiful old house who has seen much better days. Currently I am performing weatherization projects. I've been in the attic for what seems like for ever now. Removing insulation, and vacuuming. I don't think the attic has ever been cleaned. I don't really know why I am going as far as cleaning it, accept for the fact that in it s current state it is unacceptable. Once I have finished cleaning I will use great stuff and seal the drafty areas that lead throughout the rest of the house. Then the insulation all blown off goes back up.

When I moved into Corliss my bu-die and I rewired her, bringing her up to code. This was necessary in order to have the power company install a new meter. While rewiring Corliss I had ripped up insulation half hazardously and never laid the insulation back down properly. Well, I am now, and I think the electric savings on our heating bill will be pay off enough to justify the sweat equity.

As if this project is not enough, I am attempting to write a romance story about a man and his house. LOL. Seriously I am. I figured yesterday while sweating up in that hot attic that the only reason a person would put the kind of labor into something as I have, and am, is for the sheer love of  the item in question. I have long romanticized the owning of real estate. Yearned for it. Given up on it. Then watched that hope become a reality. I have read often that one should write about what ones knows. I intend to...

If any one wants to be in my sharing circle. Help critique my story as it develops. I would sure appreciate it. Drop me a line or something. Who knows this could be fun. For now though it is time to head up to the attic. I hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment