Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 4 Where is Homeward Bound Micro(GC2f0YV)? Biddlebeach's "Bright Idea" GC1BHE7

  Day four. Just Novalee and me today. Niki was off to some tax classes. After saying our good byes Novalee and I geared up.
   Over cast skys today. No feeling of impending rain. We wore winter hats and sweatshirts. I wore my camera, which rested on my chest supported by the strap around my neck. It is a big thing that feels out of place when ever I wear it. It is the best camera I have ever owned, so no complaints.
   Once geared up Novalee and I hit the pavement fired up the gps. I noted that the closest cache was Homeward Bound Micro (GC2FOYV). I sighed. I  don't have much luck with Micro Caches (MC). I shrugged. Who knows this one could be different. Novalee and I held hands and we headed towards Moffit Ave. Down Janeway St right onto Welsh. The Blue and white two tone house on the cornner is still being worked on. Guess the new owner prefers dark brown and tan though. I think the guy is a house flipper. The house is looking pretty good though. So once on Welsh St we headed up towards Moffit Ave. Two intersections later we arrived at Moffit... Not far now. I like getting closer to a cache and watching the distance slowly begin to decrease. And then we arrive. Novalee and I rutt around in the front yard of someones house. I don't like doing this. I feel like I am invading somones personal space. The description on the cache page says go ahead. So we did for a little while.. MCs' are tricky though... They are....well, lets just say aptly named. While rutting around the front and sides of the house a neighbor came out. Looked at us curiously. I was compelled to tell him what we were up to. Lol, he thought we were looking for a lost cat... sigh. Even though we told him cache several times. I even explained to him what a cache was twice... Both he and his dog walked on eventually wishing us luck in finding our cat.  Shortly there after Novalee and I decided to go hunt down another cache, and come back to this one another time... The bright side of this cache is I had fun with Novalee. She was very interested in the ferns around the property. She picked a few as I checked the gps for another close by cache. I announced to her that we would be heading too Biddlebeach's "Bright Idea" . At that moment I looked up and there she was a big fern in each hand flapping as though they were wings.  Sweet girl. 
   So we walked to the end of Moffit Ave and turned right onto Hacker Street, which flowed out onto route 6. There we took a left and began to close the distance between us and the cache. Along the way Novalee began to sing. Stopping periodically to point out  the occasional decorated for fall window or stuffed yard ornament. I of course kept an eye out for the colors of fall that occasionally burst forth in the spectrum bordering pastel. The GPS led us to the Biddlebeach beauty salon. The proprieter greeted us with a smile and a wave. I smiled back showed her my GPS. I entered her salon and asked if she would mind if we poked around a bit. "Let me know if you need any help" I said, "thank you", and we began poking around. I will not tell you where the cache is but I will tell you it was tricky. Before  I had a chance to locate it though Novalee started to hold her self and began doing a very familiar dance. I entered the salon again. The proprieter asked if we needed a hand. I says, "Yeah, can we use your restroom." She led the way. After I helped Novalee with natures call.  The Proprieter introduced herself. I cannot remember her name, however she also told me her ground speak Id  Biddlebeach. I introduce myself, and Novalee, aka Stash Hound. Being that Biddlebeach was between customers we chatted for a bit. She could not help but give me a much appreciated tip as to where the very tricky cache was located. We bid her farewell and promptly located the cache. We took a few pictures. I am glad that we found the cache. However if we had not we would have still left a little richer for having met her. There was another boone for me at Biddlebeach, for in the back there is an amazing tree bursting with an incredible shades of red. Eye candy for sure.
  Novalee and I retraced our route back to the Homeward Bound cache, there we met the owner of that cache and her daughter. With a little better hint I located it while Novalee played with her daughter. We exchanged pleasantries. We parted ways and headed home. All and all a morning was had.

No comments:

Post a Comment